Here are some pieces I read and really enjoyed over the last month or so:
- 16 Painful Lessons I Learned In 2015 While Trying to Adult by Jonathan Jackson
- Ten LGBTQ News Stories the Mainstream Media Ignored in 2015
- The Funny Thing About Abusive Relationships by Julieanne Smolinski
- The brown girl’s paradox: We’re both invisible and sexualized by Fariha Róisín
- Trapped Part One: Cruel and Indefinite Punishment and Trapped Part Two: The Vicious Cycle of Trauma by Sam Levin
I am getting better at saving links, but I tend to just share them on Twitter.
Books I am currently reading:
Unsurprisingly, this book is wonderful and filled with quotes that I am going to write in pretty colors all over my journal for inspiration. The best and more simple one: YES should feel like the sun.
- A House of My Own: Stories from My Life by Sandra Cisneros.
So far, it is as calming as you could imagine.
Books I will read soon:
- Black Fire: The Making of an American Revolutionary by Nelson Peery, who passed away this past fall. I also have a copy of Black Radical: The Education of an American Revolutionary that I look forward to reading.
- Landline by Rainbow Rowell, who also wrote Eleanor & Park, the book that had me quietly whimpering, “No” during my flight to San Francisco.